Tuesday 14 June 2016

Bus Stop Chair on the A4067 near Crai, Powys


This chair now available to bus travellers on the A4067 near Crai.


Thanks to Dan Mudford for the chair that he found abandoned on the street in London and which I painted and reupholstered with salvaged pieces of some terrific 1920s moquette from a sofa I reupholstered a few years back. 

I painted the chair with that chalk paint that everyone seems to rave about - that's a palaver innit? Coat after coat and still all the cracks remain. It reminded me of my favourite ever letter in Viz which read "Manufacturers of Dulux 'Once', I think the word you're looking for is 'twice' ".

I added a 'falling soldier' to the leg because no chair is really complete without one.


There's a cavity below the seat of this chair in which I think I wrote a secret message. As ever I'd had a few drinks while making the chair and now have no idea what it was. If you're passing, could you have a look and let me know? 

Many thanks.

1 comment: