Tuesday 20 October 2015

Tub Armchair in Bute Ramshead Fabric


A tub armchair reupholstered in Bute Ramshead fabric



A customer found this chair on the dark streets of London and, unable to come home without it, dragged it through the streets and up a few flights of stairs to her flat. Having contacted me through her family who live nearby she committed it to a 400 mile round trip in the middle of which I reupholstered it in her choice of Bute fabric.





The ever-wonderful Bute Fabrics drafted in the ever-diverse Timorous Beasties  and somehow managed to find a way to weave a ram's head repeat into a piece of cloth - how on earth did they do that?




Although it was found in London, I think the chair might be French because it had non-British conical springs and (among various British things) I found French Francs and an unsmoked Gitanes stuffed down the back.





And no, I didn't smoke the cigarette - I don't smoke non-filters man.

This was a commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment