Monday 5 January 2015

Bus Stop Chair at Kittle, Gower.

A 1970's bedroom chair saved from landfill, now available to bus travellers on the B4436 at Kittle on the Gower Peninsula.


This chair was remaindered at auction and heading for landfill before my wife intercepted it and brought it to me. It was in very good condition and would have gone to a charity but without fire certificates these things cannot be re-sold (because apparently they spontaneously combust).

As it was in excellent condition I decided rather than reupholster it, I'd simply adorn it.



I added a posh fringe to the base (ripped from another armchair) and wrote Take The Weight Off Your Feet in upholstery nails.



Rather than the usual plastic toy, I stitched on an arm from Wile E. Coyote (Looney Tunes) that my dog had been slowly ripping to death over the past year.


I also found a neat way to make my mark with a staple gun.

And why not eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment